Store Front Riches - Fraudulent Charges to My Phone Bill

Washington, District Of Columbia 1 comment

A $19.99 charge from Store Front Riches appeared on my Verizon phone bill out of the blue with an annotation that it was submitted by PaymentOne.I called PaymentOne, who apparently handles SFR's billing, and they explained I had signed up for this service.

I counter-explained that I, as the Verizon account-holder, had done no such thing, had not authorized the charge, and wanted the service canceled and the charge backed out. PaymentOne stated they would send me a refund for two months charges, since the next months charge was already submitted.

I assume they will inform SFR that someone had attempted this fraud.(I'm giving SFR the benefit of the doubt here - that its their approach to verifying customer identity that is weak - and not that SFR themselves committed the fraud.)

Comments

I had the same thing I went direct to Verizon and they reversed the charges and blocked them from further access

Store Front Riches - Billed me for services I did not receive

Slidell, Louisiana 10 comments

Store Front Riches (1-888-238-4453), DigitalVMail (1-800-286-4455) added a charge to my telephone bill I did not order.It was a couple of months before I realized the charges.

Called both companies & cancelled, both advised I had ordered on internet. When I would look up something on internet there would also be some flag requesting I complete a questionaire to win free dinner, gift certificate, etc. I questioned both companies as to what service I received for charges of $14.95 per month, did not get detailed answer. I should have been notified by mail of service I applied for.

I finally put a block on my phone bill for 3rd parties.

This should be against the law.J.Hamilton

Comments

I noticed an odd charge on my home phone bill.but I had just gotten a bundled package, so the first bill I thought was part of my new phone bill.

The 2nd time (now) I tried to click on this $21 charge in itemized calls & asked for a pin #. So I called up the phone co. and they told me about this 3rd party billing with Storefront riches. So I set up a block on my phone bill, and I still do not know how or what I did to provoke this.

I do not work from home, and have no desire to. I'm hoping this newest $21 charge will be removed asap since it is like a theft.

Had no idea they could tack on charges to my home phone bill.They can't now though.

Like other posters, $19.99 bill was added to my monthly verizon account between December and January which I only noticed this month.Verizon can't do anything today I am told and there is no answer.

I am certain I didn't sign up for anything.

Any suggestions?How can verizon participate in this?

Yeah, these guys are awesome.This was apparently on my bill for about a year before I noticed it -- my bill was big and variable, so that's my own fault -- but I called AT&T and they credited me back for a couple of months and blocked third-party bills.

But when I called Store Front Riches, they couldn't tell me diddly about when or how I signed up, told me I received an email on a certain date (checked my spam, no email there or in regular email), then when I asked for a confirmation email...

...They sent me an email thanking me for signing up with their service! I'm an attorney and have sued a lot of people in a lot of places, but never on my own behalf.

I'll be going after these guys for 17200 and assorted nonsense.SHould be fun.

I opened my phone bill to find a Charge on there for 19.99 from a place called Store Front Riches. I knew right away something wasnt right and called Verizon right away and they told me they have gotten many calls about this and they removed the charge from my bill and put a 3rd party block on my account . Verizon said they know this is happening and asked that we made sure to keep checking our bill and call back if there was any problems

I received an unauthorized charge on my AT&T bill. The charge is from a company called Store Front Riches, Inc. I called the number 888-465-3349 provided on my billing statement. I talked to a Tiffany Adams. I told her that I had not purchased anything from Store Front Riches, Inc. and did not understand why there was a $19.99 charge on my AT&T bill. She said that I had agreed to purchased their online home-based business services on 1-Jan-11. I told her I had not. She verified a new gmail email address that I had signed up for on 1-Jan-11 and said that I had agreed to have this online service using that email address. She said they had sent me a confirmation email through that email account and that I had returned the email confirmation. I told her I had not. She then agreed to refund the 19.99. I asked her to verify that there would be no more charges from Store Front Riches, Inc, on further AT&T bills. She started that the next billing cycle had already been process so one more charge would be on the next bill. I asked her to also refund that charge. She put me on "hold" for approximately 5-10 seconds to confirm with a supervisor that she could refund both charges. She returned to assure me that they would refund the complete amount of $39.98. She also gave my an additional number of 866-540-5033 to call if I do not receive the refund or have further charges appear on my AT&T bill.

I am very careful about what I do online. I did not sign up for online home-based business services. I do not have a home-based business to require these services and furthermore if I did, I would not have paid for said service through my telephone bill. I do believe I have been scammed. I have since canceled my gmail account and plan to try to contact them about this problem. I also plan to call AT&T tomorrow when their business offices open up to see what I can do to keep unauthorized charges from appearing on my account.

After doing an online search of Store Front Riches, Inc. I see that I am not the only one who has fell victim to this scam.

I did a check on this number because the phone company said they were adding $21.95 per month, but the company name is Pro Credit Check. We also never signed up for it. They had an email address I only use for facebook and/or junk.

#205665

I got my e-bill from AT&T 2 days ago and noticed the charge for $14.95+tax from Store Front Riches.I did not sign up for the service or product or whatever it is.

I called their number and was given a cancellation number to prevent future charges.

I had to persist to get a refund for the amount billed to me by asking the guy if I needed to get the FTC involved to get my money back..then he said he'd issue me a check.

We also had a charge on our att phone bill from Store Front Riches for $16.20.A complete scam from a site that picked up info about us on the Internet.

I called Att and they put a block on Third Party Billing, but they would not issue a credit. I called the company and complained.

They said they would send a check for the charge and issued a stop for any future services.Beware when clicking on anything FREE!

La razon de esto es porque en mi factura telefonica aparece un cargo de $14.94 por algun servicio que yo no ordene ni siquiera se lo que trata, he tratado de contactarme *** ustedes por telefono pero no he podido hablar hablar *** un representante.

Lo unico que quisiera es que retiraran ese cobro de mi factura. No quiero ningun servicio que no sea proveido por ATT

Gracias. espero y me entiendan

Similarly, MYIPRODUCT IMAIL (1-800-286-4455) added charges to my telephone bill for services I did not order for the month of january and march 2010.I called AT&T and they agreed to put the charge into a dispute, and asked me to call the billing company.

I called the company and someone named Karen answered and agreed to remove the charges and said it was a billing error, but she asked me to talk to some one else named Omar. He started asking me questions that I refused to answer, and then got upset and told me he would not cancel the charges afterall. I am so appalled at this company, and I feel so violated!

This company should be crushed to death!!!!!The employees do not know that they are working for the "Devil"

View more comments